Wednesday, September 26, 2012

New location

The deeper I got into county health regulations and city building codes and the more I thought about the kind of space we need for this special little school, the more I realized that there was just too much that needed to be changed at the church (floor, ceiling, walls, yard) And that even with an unlimited budget, we could not create the kind of space there that I was envisioning in a few months time. I talked to Pastor Dillon and he understood.

So now.... I'm going to work towards buying a building early next year that has some more elements that we need: great floors, a shaded yard and parking. I've been looking at this building, below, for many months, and just recently realized it might work for a pre-school. I went over to look inside today and low and behold, the realtor tells me it was a school in the 70s. So boy. That's great. I would just need $170,000 or so in cash to buy it as a bank won't finance it given that it needs a new roof. So, ok. This poses a challenge. But there must be a way.

Could this be the location of our new pre-school?
It has a lovely shaded yard, and a teacher apartment attached in back.

No comments:

Post a Comment